Click to read more:
On July 14, 1900, hundreds of people came to what would be Zion City for an all day affair which culminated in the dedication of the City to God.
The next year was spent surveying the city, laying out all the lots, planning for the utilities, and preparing for the opening of the City to the people. July 15, 1901 was the date that the City lots were made available to the public. The first house was built shortly thereafter in August, 1901. Dowie and his family came to Zion City from Chicago in July, 1902 and moved into Shiloh House, his newly constructed home. (Excerpt from Zion Historical Society web page)